5 Ways to Find your iPhone’s IMEI number: –
Understand What is IMEI Number? : –
You know that IMEI stands for ” INTERNATIONAL MOBILE EQUIPMENT IDENTITY “. But, do you know for what it is used for?
This is mostly used to block your iPhone when it is stolen. Every device or iPhone has a unique IMEI number.
You will never find same IMEI numbers with the same manufacturer. This because every device should have a unique IMEI number.
Where to Find IMEI Number: –
There are several places to find your iOS device IMEI number. But all device numbers are not found in the same place. You can find the number using your dial pad, original iPhone box, back on your iOS device, settings. Now let us see how to find your IMEI number of your iOS device.
You can find the number using your dial pad, original iPhone box, back on your iOS device, settings. Now let us see how to find your IMEI number of your iOS device.
How to Find My iPhone IMEI number: –
Different iPhone or iOS models IMEI number is found at different places. Here I’ll show you a place where you can find the IMEI number and list the device models.
1. Check using your Settings: –
You can find your iOS device IMEI no using your phone itself. This method can be used on any iOS device to find the number.
- Tap settings icon on your homepage.
- Now you have a list of options like Bluetooth, do not disturb, General.
- Tap the General Option
- Tap About Option to view your iPhone details.
- Now you have all your identifying numbers of your iPhone including the IMEI number.
Above I have blurred the image to protect my identifying numbers.
Using the above method you can find the Serial, IMEI, MEID, ICCID numbers.
Works with: – All iOS devices.
2. Find it on Physical parts of iPhone: –
The IMEI/MEID numbers can be found on few parts of the iPhone. These numbers are small in size.
You cannot read these numbers easily, so cross-check the numbers multiple times to make sure it is correct.
i) You can find the identification number on the Sim tray.
To open the Sim tray get a small pin which fits into the sim slot hole ;-).
Now reverse the sim tray, you can find the number on top of the tray written with very small font size.
Better get a magnifying glass.
Must read: How to find IMEI number without iPhone
Works with: –
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus.
You can also find the serial number on the Sim tray.This for only old versions of iPhone Models.
This is for only old versions of iPhone Models.
- iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 (GSM model), iPhone 4s.
ii) On Back of your iPhone: –
Yes, it is right on your back of your iPhone which you are holding it right now.
What’s on your back of your iPhone?
It says Your iPhone is designed by Apple in California and assembled in China. Along with this you have FCC ID, IMEI number
Works with: –
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5.
If you have any iPad model or iPod, for these devices also you can find on the back of the device.
3. Use your Dial pad: –
Using your dial pad is a smart way to find out your IMEI number on the iPhone. All you need to do is to type in few numbers.
- Open the Dial pad on your iPhone and type in this code- *#06#
- Yes now tap the green call button.
- A screen appears with your IMEI number which is unique.
Works with: – All iOS devices which have cellular support.
4. Use the iTunes: –
Yes, iTunes is also a way to find out your serial and IMEI/meid numbers. All you need to do is to
- connect the device to your pc/Mac.
- Click the Summary tab to see its information.
- If you want iPhone details, click Phone Number to find the IMEI/MEID and ICCID.
- For an iPad, click Serial Number to find the CDN, IMEI/MEID, and ICCID.
5. You can find it on the Box: –
You can use above 4 methods only when you have access to your iPhone. But, what when you don’t have access to your iPhone, what if it is not in an active mode.
The iDevice comes in a sealed box. If you have that box get in and search for the numbers on it.
Usually, the box contains numbers like imei/meid, serial number, and few bar codes. Now, that’s it. These are the ways to find out the IMEI numbers of your iDevices.
The IMEI or International mobile equipment identity is a unique number. Keep this number safe so that when your device is lost you can block the phone. Follow the above 5 ways to get your unique identification number.